Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Speaking of Particle Colliders....

So, we're trying to recreate the Big Bang, right?

What if we succeed?

I mean, this is all pretty trippy stuff, but what if... by recreating it on a small scale, we create a tiny new universe? And what if THAT's the whole reason for our universe in the first place??

God isn't "God," he's like Robert Aymar, director-general of the European Organization for Nuclear Research!


I know, I know. We're getting into Men in Black "Galaxies in Marbles" / Lisa/Bart "Tiny Tooth Society" territory, but still, it's a fun idea.



And yes, scientifically speaking that leaves us with at least two issues:

1) If our Big Bang was the result of another uberverse's experiment, then who started that uberverse?
and
2) How the hell do you create a tinyverse based on matter scaled to this universe?



Well, I have my theories on both of those, But like I said, it's just a thought.


2 Comments:

Blogger Chang Kim said...

I've been thinking about all of this stuff, too, not surprisingly. I gotta say, I'm kinda freaked out about it. Especially comforting is the lead scientist, who admits he has no clue what could happen. Awesome.

Wed Sep 10, 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Drewby said...

Y'know what Egon said - "Don't cross the streams."

Wed Sep 10, 06:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home