Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, by the way...

I'll be heading to DC in late October, so any suggestions you might have would be very helpful.



(I'll be staying at the blue teardrop above)



The plan is to fly in on Tuesday and head back on Friday, leaving us two full days to do touristy stuff. We will have a car and the current idea is to see the usual DC sights on Wednesday and then to drive out of the area, possibly towards Richmond on Thursday.

Really, the entire reason I'm going is so that my mom has someone to go with and, most importantly to her, see something of the fall foliage (hence the idea to drive to Richmond). So any other ideas about a drive, a place to go and stuff to do there would be appreciated.

[edit]
Or how 'bout Baltimore? Anyone been to Baltimore? Any suggestions there? Good drive for foliage? Crabcakes? Anything?
[/edit]

Also note that this will also mark my first ever appearance on the US East Coast, but please, alert the locals that I'd prefer that there be no fanfare surrounding my arrival. I'm too modest for that sort of thing.


So yeah, you now have 2 months to tell me what we need to do. Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chang Kim said...

I'm going through West Wing episodes again, so I'll let you know if I come across something interesting. Never been myself. :(

Thu Aug 14, 06:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Driving in DC is a pain. Take the Metro everywhere! I was only in DC for about 48 hours for a wedding, so I'm not full of information, but decide on which museums, the memorials, etc. There's a neighborhood called Foggy Bottom that I find amusing but I've never been there.

Wed Aug 27, 09:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home