Monday, January 21, 2008

Bored at Work

Well, not "bored" but not as entertained as I usually am.

See, most of the day I have a Firefox window open, and the first tab to be opened and the last tab to be closed is the tab for my favorite LA Kings message board. People are on it all day, so there's always something new to read and it's not just talk about hockey.

There's a movie/TV/music forum. A forum for random stuff like things in the news, odd situations, or Japanese Bug Fights. A forum for computer stuff and a forum for video games. There are also arcade games and a live chat. All this on top of 2 forums dedicated to the NHL and, or course, the main forum dedicated to the Kings.

It's pretty much one-stop shopping for me.

So, when I have a couple of minutes, when I'm transitioning from one thing to another, when I'm waiting for a search (like now), or even when I just need to break up the monotony, I can just go to that tab and see what's up.


But no more.



Apparently our (on) crack off-site IT folks tracked a virus back to the site that tied up our network and caused a slow-down in our e-mail and internet. Now, I don't doubt the possibility, or even the probability, but I do have doubts about the IT folks who have never seemed to me to be right on the ball for numerous reasons.

So now, I've been asked not to visit the site as it is deemed a security risk. Completely understandable and I, of course, will not be visiting the site from work for the foreseeable future.

But still, this sucks and I'm bored.



[Edit:]
On the plus side, I'm getting a heck of a lot of research done for Hawaii!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chang Kim said...

Wow, that intensely blows. I can't imagine if I had been blocked from the Bootleg during work, and that's no LGK.

But glad to hear of the upside. Let me know your plans.

Tue Jan 22, 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home