Friday, January 04, 2008

Ugh...

I was sick today.

Well, technically, I guess you could say I'm still sick. But the point is:


I kinda enjoy being sick.



There are various reasons, some of which are (in no no particular order):

First: You get to stay home from work. So I didn't go to work today. But I did get to see The Truman Show, cutie Kirsten Dunst in "Elizabethtown" (I skipped through the parts without her) and some other stuff on my DVR.

Second: While you're home from work, you get to wallow. It's not often you get the chance to really wallow, and when you're sick - with your nose all stuffy so you can't breathe, you're sore, your throat is scratchy, you're stomach is all messed up - it's the perfect opportunity. I mean, who's gonna stop you? You're sick! They'll just be happy you're not breathing on them! So you find a nice crappy place to feel, and you stay there and heap more crap on yourself while you have the chance.

Third: You feel everything. Muscles you forgot you even had are sore. Right now, there's a muscle on the outside edge of my foot that's sore. When the hell do you feel the muscles on the sides of your feet?? I bet you never even think of 'em.

Fourth: Getting better. Most days, you wake up, roll outta bed and head to the bathroom. That's it. But tomorrow or Sunday, I'm gonna wake up and just be glad I can breathe. And when I roll outta bed, I'll be pretty excited about the fact that I'm not sore. It's a pretty damn good feeling, and I'll be able to appreciate it for a few days. So yeah, it sucks, but then you get better!



And of course, in order to appreciate the delicious misery of it all, I experience it all without pharmaceutical "assistance." When sick or hurting for whatever reason, I try to go without if at all possible. The way I see it, if my body's not right, sure I can mask it, but in the end, it's still screwed up, so I might as well see for myself when I'm back up and running.


So that was my first Friday of 2008. And even though I was sick, I didn't have a horrible day. Here's to hoping the next 51 are just as fun.

=)


###

1 Comments:

Blogger Chang Kim said...

I got sick in Hawaii, and I gotta say, I disagree with your assessment. But glad you're feeling better. :)

Tue Jan 08, 10:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home