Sunday, October 14, 2007

So I've Been Lazy.

Been back for a while now and still no pictures.

What can I say? I took over 500 and uploading them has been like a second job. But they're all up now, meaning I can turn my attention to the slideshow.

But not only do I have to do that, but I have to find a host for a web page. Any suggestions would be welcome so I can post this stuff with no ads. And maybe move my blog over there.


Just a quick recap on things, though:
Vegas was fun and the Kings won in a shootout. And I think I lost less than $100 at the tables, so good trip all around.

Then I saw Editors in concert at the Wiltern the night before I left for London.

I'm usually not a big concert guy. Not a terrible amount of experience. Sure, I've seen DMB about 6 times. The Killers. Seen the Strokes twice. Went to an STP show back in the day. And I've seen Barenaked Ladies. The Police and Foo Fighters. Coldplay, I've seen twice.

But this show blew them all out of the water. Goddamn, it was good. The first opener was good. The second opener was a'ight. But then Editors from beginning to end rocked socks off. These guys were bad-ass and their energy was amazing. If you ever get the chance....


Then there was London. I was smart enough to adjust my time on the plane, so when I got there, I had no jet lag. But then I had a problem with my hotel, so I was really glad I had no jet lag. But once that got settled, things went swimmingly.

Met up with some friends, saw most of the sites. Got pretty buzzed a few times. Had a guy's penis on our table in the middle of a pub called the Spread Eagle (which was not a gay bar, no matter what it sounds like). Saw the Kings dominate the Ducks then saw the Kings get dominated by the Ducks. Did a TON of walking, even though the Underground may be one of the bestest things ever. Took pictures around London with my jerseys on. Saw Stonehenge.

And am I the only person this side of the Atlantic who likes British food?? It's all meat and potatoes and gravy with the occasional fish & chips! And they have really good cheese with breakfast!

So anyway - pictures will be forthcoming once I get things set up.


And since then, I've just been trying to catch up on stuff. I'd missed the start of the new Fall TV season. I'm just about there at work. And I have a wedding next weekend, so I gotta get ready for that.

Oh, and the Kings still suck, but that was to be expected.

I'll try to get back to blogging more regularly again. And if I get the new site set up at all. I'll let you know.





2 Comments:

Blogger Annaka said...

Sounds like all sorts of fun . . . although a couple of the trip incidents seem to need a little more explanation :)

Mon Oct 15, 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Chang Kim said...

Annaka, I'm sure it was just like when that guy laid his penis on the table at Crustacean.

Thu Oct 18, 01:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home