Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What Can I Say?

I'm filled with lies and deceit. I waited a couple more days. I can get to it now, but first:

I got something in the mail yesterday. Something for my refrigerator. Some, if not most, of you will have gotten it or will be getting it soon. It was surprising, but a nice reminder, and I'm starting to get excited about the date.

After all, I've never been to a lesbian wedding before.


>=D


--------------------


Gone

So Bonds hit number 756 last week. I'd been doing something else when I heard, so I flipped to ESPN and went to Yahoo! Sports to see the fuss. And this is what came up.



It's not something "clever" that was put togother in Photoshop by me or some other
internet person. This is an actual screenshot of the headline on Yahoo! Sports that was put up right after Bonds hit the home run.

I continue to be baffled by the media on this one. Yes, the guy is the biggest prick in the
world. Yes, it's very, very, very probable that he took steroids. Knowingly. And yes, it's a little sad that a record set by someone of such class and dignity, who faced tremendous social pressure, has been broken by a giant douche.

But there's Ken Caminiti, a former MVP who admitted to taking steroids. Jose Canseco
is now making a LIVING on the fact that he used. Jason Giambi plays in NY for the YANKEES has been caught using. That guy the Angels signed for $50 million dollars this past summer has tested positive. Mark McGwire was suspected as he set the single season record, but that was a whisper. Sosa's gotten a lot bigger since he was young and he may get comeback player of the year. And Rafael Palmero, one of the game's elder statesmen and most respected players was caught last season too.

Where's their asterisk? Where's their media frenzy? Why's the commissioner (another
giant douche) going to go to their Hall of Fame induction ceremonies?

And where's the reason? Where's the patience? Where's the ideal that innocence is
assumed until guilt is proven?

What? You're telling me that prefacing everything with the term "allegedly" makes it right?
You know how many times I've heard in the media these last few weeks that Michael Vick is a horrible person for what he "allegedly" did?

I don't. I've lost count.


Did he probably do it? Well, the guy's being indicted by the Feds, so that isn't a good
sign. But how about we, oh, wait for some EVIDENCE to come out before we kick the guy to the curb? Or is that maybe just me?

I dunno. Like I said, these kind of things baffle me. I kind of chalk it up to mob mentality.
Gossip. The media's rush to get there first. Professional sports writers' self-importance (don't even get me started on Kenny Rogers or a college playoff). Possibly the degradation of talent and standards as the press has become more and more diluted through the internet and television.

Or that complete slut Paris Hilton.



Yeah. I like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chang Kim said...

At the lesbian wedding, don't forget to say, "Now I've seen everything!"

Wed Aug 15, 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger faded_girl said...

Yes, it's Paris Hilton's fault...I agree.

And I agree about the media as well.

But you can't compare "alleged" steroid use to the execution of dogs.

Thu Aug 16, 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger Drewby said...

Yes. Yes I can.

Unless you have a picture of Michael Vick torturing a dog, he isn't guilty of anything. Yet.

All I'm saying is that it's possible to accuse someone of something they didn't do.

Just ask the Duke Lacrosse team.

Thu Aug 16, 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home