Tuesday, April 25, 2006

3 Things for the Day

In no particular order:

#1
Thalia Shire is 60 today. Is that suprisingly old to anyone but me?
If you don't know the name off the top of your head, she was Adrian in all the Rocky movies. She was also Connie Corleone in the Godfather trilogy. Having never seen The Godfather, I can't comment on her role in those films, but I never really liked Adrian. She was very... well, I like spunky women and let's just say she wasn't one. Except for that scene on the beach in Rocky III. She got Rocky back on track there and I liked her better for it.

#2
Click on the image for full size


#3
Y'ever get to work needing a nap? I felt like that this morning. Got a good 7 hours of sleep, but got up maybe half hour earlier than usual. First thought I had when I waked in the building was how I'd like to go back to my car for a bit.



That is all.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chang Kim said...

Lisa and Andrew hadn't seen The Godfather, either, but we remedied that a couple weeks ago. Thalia Shire's got spunk in that movie. Too much, I think.

How could you not have seen that movie yet? Shocking, really.

We've got The Godfather II on the docket. Then Pulp Fiction and Quiz Show, which are also on Lisa's "Haven't Seen" list. Can you believe that?! We took care of Amadeus about a month ago.

Tue Apr 25, 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Chang Kim said...

So it just struck me...Lis wouldn't even get your cartoon strip! Sad...just sad.

Tue Apr 25, 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

She's actually one of the stronger characters in the somewhat underrated Godfather III - quite frighteningly hellish in fact.

Tue Apr 25, 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Drewby said...

Haven't gotten around to the Godfathers or Amadeus. But there are a lot of holes in temrs of "good" movies that I'm just not that interested in.

And my comments re: Thalia Shire are really directed at Adrian. That character was weak.

Tue Apr 25, 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger Chang Kim said...

Well, I hope The Godfather isn't on that list, and The Godfather II. You can skip III. I don't agree with Rob's "somewhat underrated" comment. :)

Amadeus is also very worthy.

What is on that list?

Tue Apr 25, 08:12:00 PM  
Blogger Drewby said...

"Good" movies I havn't seen?

Probably a fair few. A couple off the top of my head:
Schindler's List and The Insider

And there's a lot of current/new stuff.

Tue Apr 25, 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger Chang Kim said...

A Comm major who hasn't seen The Insider? (shaking head) And it's very good, no qualifying quotes needed. :)

Schindler's List? Wow.

Wed Apr 26, 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah - I don't get the reference. Oh well...my movie education is still in the works. Chang knows where the holes in it are...hopefully they'll be remedied by the end of the summer. =)

Wed Apr 26, 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

The Godfather III features Death-By-Spectacles, surely that should earn it some points . . .

Thu Apr 27, 06:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home