Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Return of the King

So it's been about a month.

What can I say? I've been busy.


I honestly had some plans to post after my last post. But the fact that there were multiple plans, combined with upcoming plans, external factors, and another more immediate outlet for my writing energies and there's a month.


All of that leaves me with the need/desire to post the kernels of the larger bits that I had planned.

So here they are in no particular order:

=====


-- Made a deal with Annaka to post regularly. This after she backed out on another deal she made with me. My trust in her has been irreparably shaken, but my honor compels me to give it a go. If nothing else, she might learn from my example. =D


-- Reunion was pretty good. I think I actually may have met more people than I saw (discounting those whom I always see, of course). Got some food. Got to see old friends. Got to dance. Got a name tag. Got a pint glass! Though, I must say the tag on the bottom of my pint glass was rather disturbing and cryptic:

"This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." I'm not preggers, but still...


-- I'm loving life without fantasy sports. I can just sit on Sunday, pick a team, and see how they do. No more worrying and checking Yahoo! for the up-to-the-minute stats of my 3rd WR that I picked up on waivers 'cause my 3rd RB is on a bye. No more rooting against the Dolphins. No more rooting for the Rams. And no more angst about the last minute scores that screw my D. Like a 22-year-old woman in the late '60s - I'm liberated. And coincidently, I'm braless too!


-- Been posting more on LetsGoKings. This is the other writing outlet I've found. With hockey season in full swing, there's always something to talk about, and posting in the forums is much less demanding than my blog. And since I can post from work, and the fact that comments tend to be short and sweet, it's not as disrupting as, say, writing this. Been makin' some board buddies, who should become game buddies once my season tix kick in.


-- I remain employed with the same company I've been with for nearly 2 1/2 years. With respect to a new job, it's pretty much like this:

"Bobby, they ever find that gorilla what punched you in the eye?"
"No, Momma. The search continues."

-- On occasion, I've been tempted to post my serious thoughts on life, love, and the general pursuit of truth and happiness. I have and will continue to hold off on this for my sake and the sakes of the 3 of you that read this stuff. I really don't wanna be that guy.


-- And finally, my biggest distraction the past month has been the Kings. I'm amazed at how much I've missed the game and I've been happily surprised by my boys in purple and black. The game in general has been fast and open. Scoring is up, and there aren't as many stoppages.

I haven't said this before on the blog, but I'll say it now and again: watch this sport. Speed, skill, grit, character, cute guys for the girls and cute girls in jerseys for the guys. Watch it, and if you get the chance to go see it in person, go see it. The rules you can learn and the experience will be great.



So that's about it for now. I'll try to keep coming back a little more regularly and maybe you will too.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it wasn't an official deal before. It was more a vague intent. Now it is a deal, and if you check the web page you will see that I also updated last night :)
I will continue to post something at least weekly (by some definition of weekly), in spite of the pressures of writing a novel in a month. So there!

Thu Nov 03, 07:53:00 AM  
Blogger Drewby said...

I counter your righteous indignation with apathy and bemusement.

You're gonna write an entire novel in a month??

Thu Nov 03, 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I'm doing NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). You write a 50,000 work novel in the month of November. You have the combined advantages of a deadline and a support group in your quest for a first draft. Wish me luck and call the gents in white jackets :)

Thu Nov 03, 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Gerlad said...

kings suck go lakers!!!

Thu Nov 03, 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger Drewby said...

Not the Sacramento Kings, ya Genius homo!!!

Your Los Angeles Kings!

And I'd take my LA Kings over your LA Lakers any day. They're professional fighters, not namby- pamby suit wearin' gents.


Way to go, AK! I'd join ya, but I'm already 3 days behind. =) You can send me a nicely bound copy for X-Mas! Autographed, of course.

Thu Nov 03, 03:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't too late! It just rachets up the insanity quotient a notch.

Do you really think I would let *anyone* see the first draft? What with working full time and writing 50,000 words in a month I won't exactly have time for thoughtful revisions. You'll have to wait for next Xmas :)

Fri Nov 04, 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Chang Kim said...

"This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Yeah, it's called beer.

Fri Nov 04, 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Chang Kim said...

Annaka, are you blogging? Dude, I need to add you to my blog ring. Same with Gerald, though I'm scared to be associated with his blog...

Fri Nov 04, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Drewby said...

(head hanging in despair)

So... I'm just... anyone.

(head begins to shake)

You're right. Sorry to have asked. I'll just go away now....

*sniff*

Fri Nov 04, 11:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you're not "just anyone". As you know very well, what I meant is that I won't let a single living being (besides me) read it until I have whipped it into shape.

You'll have to save your bout of self-pity for later . . . .

Nope, I'm not blogging, sorry Chang. Maybe after I'm done with my nutty writing month :)

Mon Nov 07, 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger Drewby said...

I was actually toying with the idea of joining you this month. I have an idea and a title, but I'd have to do a lot more reading in order to make it as fully realized as I'd like.

And my bouts of self-pity wait for no man! Or woman, or that matter.

Mon Nov 07, 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Royal PITA said...

Accidentaly came across your site here and was wondering what you post at LGK as.

Tue Nov 15, 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home