Thursday, September 22, 2005

Frikin' JJ!

I hate JJ Abrahams like I hate the new Best Buy that's gonna open 3 minutes from my house - I'm in. No question I'm there. And I love what they bring me, but dammit if they don't cause me pain and cost me a little something!

For the moment, I'm speaking, of course, of Lost. That damn show that I must watch, week in, week out. It's great. Great acting. Great characters. Great story! But again - the pain! Every freakin' week, I'm left on edge. Every week? How about every commercial break? And even when they give you something, throw you a bone, you shortly (if not simultaneously) find out that there's some sort of string attached. And of course, you're compelled to follow the string to another bone.

This blows.

House is good and they don't do this to me. Battlestar Galactica has all sorts of intrigue, but they're cooler about it. I watch those shows, and I'm really interested, but there's a sort of satisfaction. Some kind of contentment. The large story arcs are moving, and the situation for the episode is mostly resolved. Nice. Happy. Ahhhhh....

But oh no - not JJ! After every one of his shows, I'm all freaked out and I feel like I need to sit down with some sort of big board, trying to sort out leads and make some sort of guess as to what might be coming. At least Alias isn't on this week. And now at least it's on a different night, but c'mon! "My names's not Vaughn??" What kinda $@%# is that?


And now there's Invasion. Not a JJ show, but all I have to say is -- after Walt, Dakota Fanning, and the kid on Invasion, I'm not having kids. The potential for them to freak you out is waaaay to high: "Mommy, you smell different."


Aaaaahhhh!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

My thoughts exactly - at least about JJ Abrams. When Lost and Alias were back-to-back last season, it'd drive me crazy since it never felt like there was closure!

Can't wait to find out more about the hatch and who the hell Vaughn really is!

Thu Sep 22, 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Chang Kim said...

Haha, you got spammed!

Lost rules. 4-8-15-16-23-42, we're dead. :)

Fri Sep 23, 04:54:00 PM  
Blogger Drewby said...

Dude, what're you talking about? Spammed?

=)

Fri Sep 23, 05:22:00 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Alias is on a decidedly downward spiral. This whole Vaughn plotline is the product of boredom, desperation, or weird set politics.

Tue Oct 04, 01:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home