Friday, February 10, 2006

Julian - You so Crazy!

I find myself requiring a blog entry. But while I feel compelled to write, I feel compelled to write about nothing.

So I look at my blog (MLS season's just around the corner!) and one thing continues to pop into my head (and it's not the Hall and Oates song that was in there yesterday): The lyrics of one Julian Casablancas of The Strokes.

He once tried to go into the crowd at a concert only to find that there was no wireless mike at the Universal Ampitheater. "So F it!" he conlcuded and proceeded to tug at his wire all the way toward the back of the front section of seats (approximately row S). He was, of course, mobbed by the hard rock crowd, which led him to make the following statement, which I shall now paraphrase to you, my admiring readers:

"That's right! Hit me! I don't care! I want you to hit me! Beat the s**t outta me! When you see me on the street, I want you to come up to me and say 'Hey Julian!' and beat the s**t out of me!"

I have yet to see Mr. Casablancas on the street.

His lyrics, however, continue to echo in my head in reference to this blog. From The Strokes latest album "First Impressions of Earth," track number 7 called "Ask Me Anything":

"I've got nothing to say,
I've got nothing to say,
I've got nothing to say,
I've got nothing to say,
I've got nothing to say,
I've got nothing to say,
I've got nothing to say,
I'm in utter dismay,
I've got nothing to say."


All evidence to the contrary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home